Thursday, February 22, 2007

Cavalier or a Roundhead

I have to post this because it was the funniest thing I've read for a very long time - I've never heard this expression before but it had me laughing so hard that I was soon choking and spluttering, (not aided by the fact I was trying to eat one of those yummy yogurt pretzels that the Co-Op sells) prompting concerned "Are you alright Mélaine?" questions from my colleagues. Jeremy Clarkson commenting...of course.

"Ski Sunday was always the highlight of my viewing week. In the olden days you had David Vine in the commentary booth, talking us through the brilliance of some tanned and muscular young man from Norway.
You’d marvel at how he made it look so easy, his skintight suit revealing every sinewy twitch and, according to my wife, whether he was a cavalier or a roundhead. But let’s be honest, all of us, really, were waiting for the falls."

No comments: