Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Unconstructive Criticism

Am feeling just the tiniest twinge of guilt at all my Fort Wayne bashing, so here are some of the things I do like about Fort Fun, oops, sorry, Fort Wayne...

  • Sara's Family Restuarant - so far the nicest fish and chips I've had since being in the US. Big, fat chips healthily laden with salt and proper Sarcen's vinegar.
  • The lake at uni - I love walking around the lake at college during my lunchbreak. The back end of the lake butts up against the train tracks and then a huge cemetery beyond. There's something wonderfully Doylesque about walking back there, particularly with all the snow on the ground. I feel like I'm missing an opium pipe and a deerstalker.
  • The Shoe Cobbler - does a wonderful job of keeping my shoes looking pretty.
  • Oakdale neighbourhood - I love living on a street where I know all the neighbours. I love the fact that during the summer evenings we can sit on the front porch with a glass of wine or a beer and chat with everyone while the kiddlywinks cycle their bikes up and down the pavements.
  • Gogos Tailoring - already raved about
  • Energy Plus 24 AGPlus - biodiesel for my baby
  • Three Rivers Co-op - purveyors of local bounty and the scrummiest lemon bars.
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway - so I know it's not in Fort Wayne but it's a dream to be only an hour and a half away from the US Formula 1 Grand Prix.
  • Foster Park - roll on summer so I can play tennis and walk around the golf course.
  • My house - I love it.

  • No comments: