Friday, December 29, 2006

Democracy, Existentialism and the blowjob

Recently watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, the hilarious Adam Mckay movie starring Will Ferrell, that came out in the cinema in August of this year. It was one of Keith's Christmas presents and for this I am extremely grateful. The film is a total riot. Of course it helps that I border on the side of obsessive when it comes to both racing and Will Ferrell. It is Will Ferrell at his best though perhaps not quite as smoothly polished as Anchorman, however is equally as kooky, (Afternoon Delight is still one of my favourite movie scenes ever). Sacha Baron Cohen plays the antagonist, Ricky Bobby's arch nemesis gay French F1 driver Jean Gerard and his reply when asked what France has offered the world is an answer that Keith and I have spent several days spouting to one another; said with a heavy European accent, a few marbles in the mouth and a little French twist.

In the same vein, (no pun intended, well, perhaps a little), another snippet of humour that has had Keith and I in hysterical laughter, of the tears puring down one's face type, is Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg's Dick in a Box song. Justin Timberlake, whom I've always just lumped into the ex-Disney Club category along with Britney, Christina, etc and dismissed because of that, was absolutely brilliant. It was one of the funniest Saturday Night Live productions I've seen for a long time. I was truly exhausted at the end of it from laughing so much. Justin's performance defintely raised him in my estimation. And to save you from seeking it out on You Tube here is the clip. N.B. This is a pretty crude song so the tender ones among you might want to give it a miss.

No comments: