Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Changing face

I know the appearance of my blog keeps changing. I finally got frustrated enough with only being able to do so much in Blogger that I have downloaded Wordpress and set up my domain name and a host server with Godaddy and am now in the process of trying to get Wordpress to work with Godaddy and figure out my hosting stuff so that I can set up my new blog under my own domain name. Only I think I'm a bit clueless because every time I think I've got it sussed I end up at a deadend. Now I know Wordpress works with Godaddy because loads of people have told me so only I just can't get it to do so. I figured out how to set up my SQL server on my Godaddy hosting site and I managed to FTP my Wordpress documents, having changed the necessary script to reflect the correct SQL pathway, etc, using the very cool Fetch. But now I can't figure out how to access my FTPd docs on my host server. And I can't even get my domain name to forward to my current blogger account. I feel so stupid and unbelievably frustrated. I love technology, I hate technology, I love technology, I hate technology...technology god, please help me, I'm flinging myself at your mercy.

No comments: